The traditional method of software development is tightly coupled on the server-side and client-side which creates a limitation on faster parallel development, it is also difficult to scale these types of applications and they can’t handle multiple clients easily. With the ever-increasing demand for mobile technologies for your products. It’s difficult to have the same database and codebase for all your applications. Exposing data is difficult.
Development is time-consuming, this is were REST API comes in place. It allows a single codebase on the server-side to work with all your applications. You don’t have to write the server-side code more than once and programming language doesn’t matter which results in faster software development and easy data sharing.
- Speeds your project development process.
- Able to work efficiently in a team.
- Able to write server-side code for web, mobile, desktop applications in a single language of your choice.
- Able to use the same database for all your projects without data redundancy or database duplication.
- Able to work on any type of application, due to language independency.
- Knowledge of any programming language with basics of the database is enough.
- Working experience in projects is plus.
- Understanding the basics of REST API
- A better understanding of database concepts
- Use open-source API like maps, data, images, news, etc.
- Create your REST API endpoints for your project.
- Use your own endpoints from multiple projects.
- Learn to share data publicly through API.
WHO CAN JOIN REST API?
- Students who have basic programming knowledge (any language)
- Basic knowledge of the database.
- Worked on at least one project with the use of the database.
- This course is also beneficial for the professionals working in the software field those who:
Are working on projects regularly.
- Develop projects for multiple platforms (Web, Mobile, Desktop) and want to use a single code for all.
- Have knowledge of one or more programming languages but want to contribute to different platforms.
Course Outline: REST API
MODULE 1: OVERVIEW
- Introduction to Web Services
- Pros and Cons
- Traditional Method vs REST
- URL vs URI
- Stateless vs Stateful
MODULE 2: DATABASE SCHEMA DESIGN
- Designing Schema for better representation
- The good and bad relationships
- Structuring the data flow
MODULE 3: RESOURCES AND REPRESENTATIONS
- Introduction to resource
- Resource state
- Protocols semantics of resource
- Request Methods:
MODULE 4: GRAMMAR
- Constructing a standard URI
MODULE 5: HYPERMEDIA
- HTML vs hypermedia format
- URI templates
- Workflow control
- API validation with Postman and ARC
- Consuming resources from frontend languages
MODULE 6: PROJECT USING REST API
- Creating a database with 4 related tables.
- CRUD operation on all tables using Restful API
- Handling Relationships
- Writing Documentation
- Understanding Documentation
- Using the URI resource
- CRUD methods on resource
- Handling states
In order to measure success and report on results, development workers and public-sector managers create monitoring and evaluation systems....
2020 has been the most difficult year in the history of tourism. International arrivals fell by 72% in the first ten months of 2020, with tr...
Great learning opportunity as a part of the outstanding team Great Exposure - opportunity to work with some of the biggest enterprises Great...
Apple M1 Pro MacBook Pro 2021 with Apple M1 Pro Chip featuring 8-core CPU, 14-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 16GB RAM (Unified Memory), 51...
Brand new Dell Inspiron 7405 2-in-1 convertible laptop with Hexa-core AMD Ryzen 5 4500U processor, AMD Radeon Graphics, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB...
Shikhar Insurance Company Limited (SICL) is auctioning its ordinary shares. This is the unclaimed portion of the rights offering. The auctio...